1) How were you discovered?
I was 14 walking around the mall with my friends and an agent approached me. When I was about 15 I convinced my mom to let me sign with an agency in my hometown [Atlanta] and it all started from there.
2) What motivated you to move to Los Angeles at 16 and pursue modelling full time?
Modeling was a passion of mine. After being approached at 14 it honestly never left my mind. I felt drawn to this career. During school I was secretly looking up editorials and photographers that were a dream of mine to shoot with. An agency in Los Angeles messaged my agency in Atlanta about signing me there. After BEGGING my parents to let me move to Los Angeles they did and were so insanely supportive of my dream. I flew out and started working right away!
3) How is LA different from where you were raised?
LA is different than Georgia in so many ways. I grew up in a small town and the most important thing going on in the town was sports and where to go for college! In LA there is more of an opportunity to grow for what I wanted to do and to pursue my dreams. I wouldn’t change growing up there for the world. It taught me so many important morals Los Angeles doesn’t offer and showed me a non-superficial way of life.
4) Having garnered a massive audience on social media, do you ever feel pressure to keep up with your platform?
Of course! A constant pressure all the time. Lately it hasn’t been on my mind as much though. I’ve been focusing on what’s right in front of me. Myself, my career, and the people that matter to me. Not a screen. I think social media gives everyone the feeling they’re not doing enough and constantly need to prove something so I’ve been trying to stay away and use it on a “not so serious” note.
5) So much of your life is documented on social media. What’s one thing your followers would be surprised to know about you?
That no matter what I show online I struggle with my own issues all the time and have bad days just like everyone else. I’ve been through a lot more than I show and I know one day I’ll be ready to share my stories and hopefully help others who have gone through something similar.
6) What has been the most positive thing to come from your instagram?
Mainly the people in my life. I’ve met almost all of my friends through Instagram and it’s given me the opportunity to speak to people I’ve never met & connect with them no matter where they are in the world.
7) Is there advice you would give your 16 year old self?
Breathe. God won’t put you through anything you can’t handle. What matters is what’s in your heart and how you treat and connect with others. Nothing about your exterior or what anyone says about you defines you. Never ever give up or forget what makes you happy.
8) As a model you have had the opportunity to travel all over the world, what has been your favourite location/city to work in?
I’ve been blessed enough to do what I love and travel to so many beautiful places that all offered something different. My favourite was Bora Bora. You can’t beat those waters.
9) What’s one thing in your closet you can’t live without?
Hmm… my underwear? I’m not sure! Nothing really seems necessary except that… Just kidding! Probably my Ben Taverniti ‘Unravel’ Jeans I wear them everyday.
10) What are you most confident about?
My work ethic & determination.
11) What is your fitness and health regime?
Do you work out every day or diet? I’m active 6 days a week. Either walking, hiking, jump roping, or Pilates. I don’t like to describe the way I eat as a “diet”. I do eat very clean but it’s more my lifestyle. I am a pescatarian but I cheat (like everyday).
12) What is the best beauty advice you have ever received?
LESS IS MORE!
13) What is the last thing you googled?
‘Best food near me.’ No joke! I’m currently in NYC and starving.
14) What is the first song on your playlist?
Right now it’s ‘3 Nights’ by Dominic Fike.
15) French Fry or French Kiss?
French kiss then eat a French fry
16) Night in or Night out?
Night in. I’m such a homebody.
17) Sweat Pants or Lingerie?
18) Southern Belle or California Cool?
I am from the South! So southern belle!
19) Instagram or SnapChat?
Instagram! I personally don’t use Snapchat anymore.
20) Shower or Bath?
21) Red lip or Nude lip?
Nude. Unless I’m going out, then Red!
22) Super Mario or Pikachu?
23) Beach or Bed?
Beach then bed.